Sunday 10 January 2016

Non Beauty Favourites of 2015!

Hey Guys!

Last week I did my Beauty Favourites of 2015, but I do like things other than beauty products so I thought I should do my non beauty favourites of 2015! There was definitely more non beauty things I was loving this year but I have narrowed it down to my top 10 favourites as I did last week.

1. Yankee Candles

2015 was definitely the year I discovered candles! If I'm being completely honest before this year I hated candles, I didn't really see the point in them. They never had a strong smell and they would always just make me choke. I still think it's hard to find cheaper candles that have a strong smell and make the room/house smell of the scent of the candle. Then I discovered Yankee Candles, at first it was definitely hard to spend that amount of money on a candle - I was use to spending a maximum of £4 and Yankee candles can be £22! But I can definitely say it was worth it! I live in a flat and one Yankee candle makes the whole flat smell amazing! Yankee candle also have a cheaper range called Simply Home and I think they are just as good as the normal ones. I highly recommend these candles and these are the current ones I own - I know they are all from the Christmas range but they're my favourite ones!


2. Minions

What can I say about Minions? I'm obsessed! Literally! I have a Minion diary, canvas, slippers, pajamas, teddies, Tic-Tac's, mug, phone case and I even have a Minion picture stuck on my MAC! If you've ever watched the Despicable Me films or Minions and you don't find them adorable I don't know what's wrong with you! And if you've never seen any of the films go watch them right now! If anyone is interested Dave is my favourite Minion :)


3. Lipstick Tower

I'm not sure whether Lipstick Tower is the actual name but that's what I'm calling it. I've wanted one of these for so long and then my best friend got this for me for my birthday. I was over the moon!! She's definitely psychic because I've never mentioned that I wanted one, and it's also in white so it goes with my beauty room! Lipstick is my favourite makeup product so I love having all of my lipsticks on view. I also get into ruts and use the same lipsticks so having them all on display makes it easier for me remember what lipsticks I have so I can use them all.


4. Canon 750D camera

There's not much to say about this because it's quite a boring favourite. It's one of those things that you overlook because you use it so often that you don't really notice it and you take it for granted but if it was gone you would feel lost without. I use this camera nearly every day for either filming my YouTube videos or taking photos. Before this I was using my iPhone to film videos and take photos and that's why this camera is a favourite of mine because it has improved the quality of my videos and photos so much! Looking back I don't know how I filmed videos with my iPhone. I'm not going to go into all of the technical reasons of why this camera is amazing and why I love it because we'd be here all day, but I actually couldn't function anymore without this camera and it is hands down one of the best things I got this year! Sorry it's only a photo of the box but I'm taking the photo with the camera haha!

5. The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones

This book definitely didn't come out this year, I'm not sure when it did but I can't believe it has taken me so long to find this series of books! It wasn't what I was expecting, I think I was expecting more of a dystopian novel - like Divergent or The Hunger Games, but this falls more into fantasy and sci-fi. It would definitely be classed as a young adult book which is my favourite genre, so if you like this genre The Mortal Instruments series is a must read for you. You may have seen the film, I saw the film for the first time this year as well, but don't let that put you off reading the book because let's be honest the film was terrible. This book is amazing and I'm currently reading the second one which is just as good. Also Shadowhunters, which is the TV show for this series, starts next week and I'm so excited!!


6. Pretty Little Liars

I've watched Pretty Little Liars for a few years now so this isn't a favourite I 'discovered' this year but I just think this was the year PLL really stepped up it's game. We also found out who A was this year! Don't worry, I'm not going to say who it is just in case you don't know. I still don't believe that person is A though! After the season ended this year I went back and watched PLL from the beginning again, I even made my boyfriend watch it with me haha! He doesn't like to admit he loves it but he does! This show isn't your average teenage girl programme, well maybe the first season is, but after that the show can get quite dark and definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat. Seriously this is one of my all time favourite TV shows and I really recommend you check it out if you haven't already!

7. Justin Bieber - Purpose

Do I even need to say anymore? Who didn't become a belieber this year?

8. Beyonce - Made in America & Global Citizens Festival

THE QUEEN RETURNED!! Can you tell I'm in the Beyhive? So I may be a little bit biased with this favourite but come on she was ***FLAWLESS!! Too much? Beyhive you understand haha! I waited up until a ridiculous hour in the morning to watch Beyonce in these festivals because obviously I'm in the UK and she was performing in America. And can we mention the Crazy in Love remix intro she gave us! OMG! I could pretty much talk about Beyonce all day but I'll leave it at ALL HAIL QUEEN BEY! :)

9. Wagamama

I'm not sure if this restaurant is worldwide but if you live in the UK I'm sure you've heard of it. It has been around for ages and I don't know why it had taken me so long to go but my first visit was in January 2015 and I have loved it all year. I even took my Dad and my Nan to Wagamama and they love it as well! It's Japanese food and what I love about this restaurant is that the food is so fresh and tasty but also a lot of the meals are healthy. I think it's so hard to find restaurants that offer healthy food that tastes good at the same time. I mean the food tastes that good it tastes unhealthy - if that makes sense haha!

10. YouTube

I don't feel like this favourites post would be complete unless YouTube was one of my favourites. This is simply because I started my YouTube channel in 2015 and I can't believe it's been 6 months since I posted my first video! I wanted a YouTube channel for about 18 months before I posted my first video and sometimes I still can't believe I got the courage to actually start my channel, because believe me posting your first video is quite nerve racking! However starting my channel has been one of the best decisions of my life so how could YouTube not be a favourite of mine!

I hope you enjoyed finding out what my non beauty favourites of 2015 were!

Danielle xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment