Sunday 27 December 2015

Top Five Under £5 | Makeup

Hey Guys!

I love buying makeup, I do buy a lot of makeup and I'm prepared to spend quite a bit of money on makeup. But what I absolutely love is when I find a product that is amazing and is also incredibly affordable! I mean, who doesn't love finding amazing makeup that's cheap? So this week I'm sharing with you my top five products under £5!


Product - e.l.f Studio Eyebrow Kit
Price - £4.50
Available at - http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/studio/eyes/eyebrows/eyebrow_kit
Rating - 9/10

This was my first ever brow product I bought which was only a couple of years ago - I can't believe I never did my brows before then! As this was my first brow product I didn't have anything to compare it to, so I tried out other things, most were more expensive, and I thought these newer products were good and I kind of forgot about the elf brow kit. Then I picked it up again as I was bored of the other products and I haven't used anything else since! I can't even begin to explain how much I love this product and what makes it even better is the price! The only reason why I gave it a 9 is the wax can apply a bit weird and patchy if I've already applied my foundation, so I have to do my brows first when I use this product.


Product - Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Price - £4.19
Available at - http://www.boots.com/en/Collection-Lasting-Perfection-Concealer_1693350/
Rating - 10/10

I have been a die hard MAC Pro Longwear concealer girl for a very long time and I never thought I would use anything else under my eyes. Then I picked up this concealer because I thought there is no harm in trying it as it was so cheap. I must say it isn't easy to get this concealer because it's always sold out! The first time I used it I fell in love, it's definitely very comparable to the MAC Pro Longwear concealer but at a fraction of the price. I also love the colour, I have the shade Fair and it's extremely light which is what I love! I have really fair skin so it's hard to find a concealer that also highlights the under eye area but this one does! So if you're really fair and struggle to find a concealer that's the right shade this concealer will be the one for you!


Product - Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Price - £3.99
Available at - http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Stay-Matte-Pressed-Powder_1015573/
Rating - 8/10

In my opinion this is the best pressed powder available at the drugstore and is amazing for anyone with oily skin like me. I also don't think it's too drying or chalky so I do think it would be suitable for other skin types. The only reason why I have given this product an 8 is because it doesn't give me any extra coverage. It doesn't claim to give extra coverage as it is only a setting powder, so there isn't anything bad about the product, it's just personal preference. However when I want a lighter coverage this is definitely the setting powder I reach for.


Product - Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner
Price - £2.99
Available at - http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-1000-Kisses-Lipliner_1113541/
Rating - 9/10

I own all but one of these lip liners and they are amazing! I don't know whether they are as good as MAC Lip Pencils and they don't have the widest selection of colours but you can't really complain because they are so cheap! They are very creamy, go on very easily and last a good amount of time. I also think the colour Tiramisu is a dupe for my favourite lip liner which is MAC Lip Pencil in Subculture and that makes me so happy as it's so much cheaper!


Product - Makeup Geek Eyeshadows
Price - £4.95
Available at - http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/makeupgeek/eyeshadowpan/
Rating - 10/10

I don't own many of these eyeshadows and I haven't owned them for a very long time either, but in the short time I have had these I've become obsessed and I want to own every single shade! I'm not going to talk too much on these because I did a full review and swatches on these eyeshadows for last weeks post so check that out if you're interested. These eyeshadows are so good I still can't believe the price! I think these eyeshadows are worth triple the price they are and are on par with eyeshadows from brands such as Urban Decay and MAC.

Hope this was helpful!

Danielle xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment