Sunday 20 December 2015

Makeup Geek Eyeshadows | First Impressions

Hey guys!

I have recently purchased a few Makeup Geek eyeshadows, (Peach Smoothie, Creme Brulee and Bitten), and I'm here to share my first impression of these eyeshadows with you.


Firstly, if you've ever watched any beauty youtuber then you have most probably heard of Makeup Geek, and no one seems to have a bad word to say about this brand. The eyeshadows are pigmented, afforable, the texture is amazing and they have an extensive colour range. What more could you ask for from eyeshadows? They do sell other makeup products but it's the eyeshadows that get the most attention. So I went to the Makeup Geek website to make an order, whilst getting all excited that soon I would have all of these amazing eyeshadows in my possession, to then be heartbroken when I found out the cost of the shipping and tax on my order. I mean I knew I would have to pay more for shipping as it was coming from America, but this was ridiculous! I can't remember the exact price but it was definitely more than triple what I was spending on the eyeshadows. I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for shipping and I'm sure we've all experienced ridiculous shipping rates. So I was left disappointed and whenever I would watch a beauty youtuber using Makeup Geek eyeshadows it would make me sad that I wouldn't be able to recreate the look with those exact products.

I'd come to terms with the fact that there was a big possibility I would never have Makeup Geek products unless I went to America. But then out of nowhere Beauty Bay announced they would be stocking Makeup Geek! I was beyond excited! However I didn't go crazy, I wanted to try out a few of the eyeshadows first. I decided to buy three of the most popular shades that everyone raves about and the colours are definitely a staple in anyone's collection, so I knew I would get a lot of use out of them. I also went for matte finishes only as you can never have too many matte shades and I don't have many in my collection.


Peach Smoothie is described as a light peach beige with a soft matte finish. This shade is perfect as a transition colour, to blend out darker eyeshadows that are being a bit difficult to blend or to just simply warm up any eyeshadow look.



Creme Brulee is described as a medium sand colour with a soft matte finish. This would be a great transition shade on darker skin tones but I like to use the shade in the crease or for a more natural smokey eye. This is also supposed to be a dupe for MAC Soft Brown, which if you're in the UK you can't get.

Bitten is described as a matte deep maroon red. This shade is perfect all over the lid then blended out with Creme Brulee and Peach Smoothie as a maroon smokey eye. But it's also great to darken the outer corner or lower lash line and is a great alternative to using a dark brown or black. This shade does swatch slightly patchy however this shade blends out more easily then any other dark matte shade I have ever used.

Peach Smoothie, Creme Brulee, Bitten

Overall I am so impressed by these eyeshadows and I will definitely be purchasing more. It's really hard to find matte shades that are pigmented, easy to blend and have a soft texture, however these three matte shades tick all of these boxes. If I had to choose one as my favourite it would be Bitten, I have really fair skin so all dark shades end up looking black on my skin tone but Bitten looks the same on my skin tone as it does in the pan which I was so happy about! However the best thing of all is the price! At only £4.95 per eyeshadow they are half the price of MAC and in my opinion they are of the same quality if not better! However one downside is that they are only available in pan form so you will need to purchase a Z Palette to store them in which are also available on Beauty Bay.

I have also filmed a tutorial using all three of these eyeshadows which will be up on my YouTube channel on Thursday.



Thanks for reading! Hope it was helpful :)

Danielle xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment