Sunday 13 December 2015

MAC Black Grape Pigment

Hey Guys!

My last video on my YouTube channel was a Glamorous Black Grape Smokey Eye, (the video will be linked at the end of this post), I used the MAC pressed pigment in Black Grape in the video. I wasn't able to give a thorough review of this product and how I like to use it in the video, which is why I'm dedicating this post to the Black Grape pressed pigment.



The colour of this pigment is quite hard to describe, you really do need to see it in real life because the camera just doesn't do it justice, but it's definitely duo-chrome with a mixture of black, purple and grey all rolled into one and it also has a lot of silver glitter running through it. As there is such a mixture of colours in this pigment you can choose which colour you want to come through the most. In the pictures I use a black eyeshadow as a base which definitely makes the pigment come across as more black, so if you used a purple eyeshadow underneath it would definitely bring out the pigment as more purple - you get the idea!



What I love about this pigment is how easy you can get a very dramatic eye look, and also an eye look that looks like you've spent a lot of time doing and looks like it would be difficult to achieve. All you need to do is place your base eyeshadow, for  example black or purple, then apply the pigment over this eyeshadow. In my opinion the best way to apply the pigment is with your fingers, and then blend out the edges with a warm/neutral tone brown and that's it! This is basically the look I did in the tutorial I have linked, except I blended a purple eyeshadow into the crease to bring a bit more of the purple out - but this step is optional.





But amazing as this pigment is, the price is pretty steep for one eyeshadow, it's £16 on the MAC website. I also recommend applying a glitter glue before applying the pigment as the pigment does need something to adhere to. I really like the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue (I demonstrate how I use this in the video) but then this is also an additional cost to the pigment itself. Of course you can apply the pigment without the glitter glue but what the glitter glue will do is prevent fall out and the pigment will last until you decide to take it off. I'm being serious - the pigment doesn't move with the glitter glue underneath! But I do honestly think the pigment is worth this price as you don't use a lot so it will last a really long time and it's always handy to have glitter glue around!



I also think this pigment is perfect for the festive party season and New Year's Eve!

Hope you enjoyed the review and tutorial!

Danielle xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment