Sunday 31 January 2016

EOS Lip Balm Review

Hey guys!

Last week on my YouTube channel I did an empties video. My empties collection included two EOS lip balms which I attempted to give a short review on, however I had so much to say on these lip balms I decided to cut them out of my empties video and dedicate a whole blog post to them!

I think these lip balms are a love them or hate them kind of product. I personally love them but I can also understand why people hate them.


First lets talk about the packaging. How cute is the packaging?!?! I think this is one aspect that everyone loves. I mean okay, they're not small enough to put them in your pocket discreetly, you'd have a really awkward bump in your pocket, but does anyone really put lip balm in their pocket? I like that the packaging is slightly bigger than your regular lip balm because it makes it so easy to find in your bag and because of the shape I don't get confused and pull a lipstick out of my bag thinking it's a lip balm and vice versa.

EOS lips balms are more expensive than regular lip balms, £5.95 each, but you do get a lot more. EOS lip balms contain 7g of product and regular lip balms contain around 4-5g. I know it doesn't seem like a lot more, but trust me it is. They also last for such a long time, I started using EOS lip balms multiple times a day over a year ago and I've only completely used up two! I always found that regular stick lip balms went down so quickly for me and the longevity of the EOS lip balms completely justifies the price.

They also have a wide variety of scents and the colour of the packaging matches the scent. I don't own all of the scents but I do own most of them and they're amazing! There will definitely be a scent that you like, I don't think I could choose just one favourite but at the moment I love Vanilla Mint, which smells exactly as the name suggests. The mint in this one is less intense than the Sweet Mint one which has that tingling plumping sensation. I also love Honeysuckle Honeydew, this one smells just like honeydew melon which I find quite unique as most melon smell/flavour products are watermelon so this makes a nice change! All of the scents have a nice delicate scent with is not too overpowering, apart from Sweet Mint which you can smell before you even open the lip balm! It is quite intense but if you like a strong sweet mint smell you'll love it!

Sweet Mint, Honeysuckle Honeydew

Out of the ones I own there is only one scent that I didn't like and wouldn't purchase again and that is Pomegranate Raspberry, (I think it's just called Pomegranate now). This one smelt like fake fruit where the others don't and I did think there was quite a strong smell of plastic - which obviously isn't the nicest. So apart from the Pomegranate Raspberry, I love all of the ones I own and would repurchase all of them!

Pomegranate Raspberry

Now onto the formula of the lip balm and it's the formula which divides opinion, you either love it or hate it! It's a hard waxy formula and when applied to the lips it has a smooth creamy feel, it's not sticky or slippery on the lips and your hair doesn't get stuck to it! Now I don't know if this is because it's a hard waxy formula, but EOS lip balms aren't very moisturising. They do obviously give your lips a bit of moisture and it makes them feel more comfortable but it's not going to do anything in terms of repairing your lips. So if you have dry, cracked lips this lip balm is not going to be your best friend. I don't get dry lips very often and that's why I love EOS lip balms, because I don't need a lot of moisture on my lips and my lips don't need repairing. When I do get dry lips, which is normally only when I'm ill, I won't use EOS lip balms. However on an average day EOS lip balms are my favourite to use. So if you get dry lips all of the time then you won't like these, but if you're like me and just want something to put on your lips to make them feel comfortable then I'm sure you'll love EOS lip balms!

I store them in this glass vase, I think it looks really cute and makes them look like sweets!

If you do end up buying EOS lip balms, or you already have them but you ended up not liking the formula and they're just sitting at the back of the drawer and you don't know what to do with them, they're actually really good for priming your lips before lipstick/liquid lipsticks. I think that's because they're not greasy and slippery on the lips, they just provide a good barrier between your lips and whatever product you put on them. It just makes for an easier smoother application of lipstick or liquid lipsticks.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope this review was helpful! :)

Danielle xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment