Sunday 28 February 2016

GLAMGLOW Supermud Mask | Is it worth the money?

Hey guys!

Last week I completely finished my Glamglow Supermud mask and I was so upset for a number of reasons. Firstly, the last time I used the mask there wasn't enough left to cover my whole face so I could only do my problem areas. I know, first world problems right? However the main reason I was upset was because this mask is so expensive, but I knew the time would finally come when I would have to repurchase this mask.

This mask is amazing, there is no denying that it is worth the money in my opinion. I do really feel like it clears my pores, which is what it's supposed to do, but it's also great for clearing up the texture on my skin which is essentially just blocked pores. Another thing I use the mask for is a spot treatment, I only tend to do this if the spot is really bad because using this mask too often can dry out your skin. However the most amazing thing of all is that you can actually see the mask working! It goes on a dark charcoal grey - obviously- and drys to a light grey. As it's drying tiny little dark grey dots start appearing and they're the spots where the mask is pulling out all of the trapped dirt and oil. Trust me this is the most satisfying mask you'll ever use!

It retails for around £45 but the price can vary between £40-£50. When the mask arrived I was shocked about how small the tub was - I was like - 'why the hell have I payed £45 for something that's only going to last a maximum of a month!'. However I purchased  the mask around August time so it's lasted me a good six months, this was me only using it once a week for a full face mask and the odd spot treatment. So it definitely lasts a good amount of time and a lot longer than I was expecting! I've put the tub next to a MAC lipstick so you can see just how small the tub is!

This mask was featured in my beauty favourites of 2015 post and I said I couldn't live without this mask, although I'm not sure whether I have enough knowledge of charcoal masks to say this. This is only the second charcoal mask I've tried, the other being the Origins one which is supposed to be extremely similar to the Glamglow mask, but I can't comment on that because it has been such a long time since I've used it. My point being, how can I say that the Glamglow mask is my holy grail mask when I've barely explored the mask world.


I'm determined to find a mask that is more affordable than the Glamglow but has the same results. So while I do think that the Glamglow mask is worth every penny I don't really have anything to compare it to. My plan is to explore and experiment with more charcoal/pore clearing masks to see what else is out there, and you never know I might even find something better!

Thank you so much for reading!!

Danielle xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment