Sunday 21 February 2016

L'Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation | First Impression Update

Hey Guys!

The last video on my YouTube channel was a first impression of the L'Oreal infallible 24H Matte foundation. But as the title of that video suggests it was only my first impression of the product and opinions can change or you find a better way to use the product etc, so I wanted to do a first impression update.

If you want to hear my original thoughts on this foundation or see how this foundation works with and without a primer, watch the video below. Watch in HD :)



I don't normally like drugstore foundations because I can never find the right shade or one that works for my oily skin. I have really fair skin so I always have to get one of the lightest shades, if not the lightest one, and they always have an extremely pink undertone. This is fine if you have pink undertones, but I don't. It really does annoy me that if you have fair skin it is assumed that you have pink undertones. Pink undertone foundations look ashy on me and just make me look ill, whereas a yellow undertone foundation makes my skin look fresh and awake, and the most important thing - it matches my skin tone.


The L'Oreal Infallible foundation works amazingly with my oily skin - the first drugstore foundation I have found that actually controls the oiliness in my skin, but the shade that is closest to my skin tone is very pink. So it doesn't really match my skin tone. This is so annoying because this foundation ticks the oily skin box and if there were just yellow undertone shades available it would tick the perfect shade box as well!

The packaging is a squeezy tube so it's really easy to get the product out.

But I can make it work. In the video I applied two coats of this foundation to see how well it built up, but the more I put on the pinker the foundation looked. So I've figured out less is definitely more with this foundation. Also in the video I applied the foundation with a flat kabuki brush but when applied with a beauty blender, or the Real Techniques sponge in my case, your skin literally looks airbrushed! Applying it with a sponge also helps to sheer out the foundation, helping it not look too pink and as this foundation can be prone to look cakey, applying it with a damp sponge will also reduce the risk of cake face!

As you can see it has quite a thick formula.

Since doing the first impressions video my love for this foundation has only grown and it has become one of my current favourite foundations despite the fact the foundation is far too pink for me. Even though I have an issue with the shade it's still the best drugstore foundation I have ever used. If there were a yellow tone shade for my skin tone I really think this would become one of my all time holy grail foundations! I know there are yellow undertone shades available in American so I'm going to try and get my hands on one!!

As you can see this shade is too pink for my skin tone, ignore the other marks on my hand - I was doing lipstick swatches early and some wouldn't come completely off!

I would highly recommend this foundation for anyone with oily skin because it is amazing! I still think it would work for normal skin, with a more hydrating primer, because it does does dry completely matte and does cling to any dry patches. So you've probably already guessed, but if you have dry skin you're going to absolutely hate this foundation! Steer clear of this foundation if you have dry skin - there are so many other drugstore foundations on the market that would be better suited to your skin type. 

Thanks for reading!

Danielle xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment